A is for airplane! Make very simple toy planes using recycled Popsicle sticks. Have fun in making artwork representations for each letter of the Alphabet. This is also an interesting way to each your kids about aircraft’s and how they fly.
3 – 5 years
- This DIY craft is suitable for young children in preschool and nursery.
Materials and Tools
- 1 recycled ice cream stick
- Unused gift wrappers
Take out used printed gift wrappers. Draw and cut out the following shapes:
- 2 small triangles for the wings
- 1 rectangle for the head
Turn the stick in an upright vertical position. Glue the plane together in the following order:
- Glue the triangles on the edge of the stick (left and right). Position it towards the middle.
- Glue the rectangle strip on the stick. Paste it about 1 inch above the position of the wings.
Let your kid’s imagination work and have them design the plane with a face and body.
Do a little show and tell with your child. This can help your kids enhance their speaking skills and confidence.
More Fun Ideas and Expansions
Create your own DIY airplane crafts with these expanded fun ideas:
- Let your kids add more design to the current stick plane.
- Experiment with different materials such as making paper planes.
- For older kids in grade school, try making a toy airplane model using Popsicle sticks.