Create fun and colorful skewers with your kids to encourage them to eat different food varieties. Choose from breakfast, lunch and snack items to put on sticks. Pack them for school lunches and outside picnics. It is a simple yet very effective way to get your kids to eat more healthy food.
Breakfast, Lunch, Snack
Depending on what you want to create, you can use any of the following and add more:
- Clean sticks/skewers
- Fruits (Strawberries, Banana, Cherry, Oranges, Pineapple, etc.)
- Vegetables (Lettuce, Olives, Tomatoes, etc.)
- Meat (Beef, Chicken, Bacon, Ham,
- Dressing for the sandwich cuts
Cook the necessary food you will use for your skewers meal. Wash fruits and vegetables properly.
Cut the food items of your choice in small cubes that will fit with the sticks.
Insert the food one by one. You can choose to make it appealing or let your kids experiment how they want to make it.
Create a few food sticks enough for your kid’s breakfast, lunch or snack.
More Fun Ideas and Expansions
Create your own DIY meal on sticks using these expanded fun ideas:
- Create a kid-friendly salad snack on skewers with fresh crunchy lettuce, tomatoes, olives, bacon and cheese.
- Use a healthy lunch-on-a-stick recipe with wheat bread and meat topped with cheese, veggies and some fruits.
- Get your kids to eat more fruits with a Rainbow Fruit Skewer. Choose from a variety of fruits such as strawberries, oranges, pineapple, mango, kiwi, grapes, blueberries and many more.