Gather everybody and draw your hand prints for Valentine’s Day! Create a personalized gift in 3 easy steps. It’s a fun activity that brings the family together. Have fun in tracing and painting hands to show your love on any occasion.
3 to 10 years old
- This drawing project is suitable for kids of all ages. This is an expression of art and love for everyone in the family to enjoy.
Materials and Tools
- Your hands!
- White paper
- Coloring materials (e.g. water color, crayons, colored pencils, paint)
Bring out your white paper and gather everyone in the family to start the drawing with you.
Have everyone trace one hand on the paper using a black marker. You can do it randomly or follow on a specific design or shape (e.g. heart).
Start coloring the hands. Use your imagination and be artistic as possible. If using paint, leave for a few minutes to dry.
You can add messages using the marker or pen to make it more personalized.
More Fun Ideas and Expansions
Do more with your hand print artwork with the following expanded ideas:
- Use the artwork as a cover for your greeting card, perfect for any occasion.
- Paste the artwork on a cardboard, fold it and voila! Your kids now have an instant card for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Teacher’s Day, or any day.
- Add a handwritten message inside the card.
- Draw some more designs on the cover. Be creative and fun as you can.