Make colorful crafts of water animals using used paper plates! Share this project between your kids and friends so they can play together. Teach children about shapes, colors and animals that live in water while they have fun playing with their new toys.
5 – 10 years
- This DIY craft is suitable for young children in grade school.
Materials and Tools
- Paper plates of different colors
- Colored papers
Take out used paper plates of different colors from your kitchen and prepare to cut them in many different shapes.
Keep some plates as a whole while cut a triangular slice off the other plates (i.e. Like a pizza slice).
Using a marker, let your kids draw faces on the paper plates. Draw eyes and mouth on the whole ones. The pizza slice on the other plates will look like the fish’s mouth.
Let your children’s creativity flow by letting them design the fish as much as they like. Give them the colored papers and let them cut out whatever shape they want to add to their paper plate fish craft.
Glue everything together to make on paper plate fish craft. Let your kids experiment with color & shape combinations.
More Fun Ideas and Expansions
Create your own DIY water animal crafts made with paper plates using these expanded fun ideas:
- To make the craft look more interesting, use googly eyes instead of just drawing them with a marker.
- If you don’t have colored plates available, you can let your kids paint them instead. This will bring out their creativity more.
- Create a school of fish in your kids bedroom! Do some more fish plates in different designs and sizes.
- Try other fun crafts of different animals using paper plates. (Read: Duck & Whale Paper Plate Craft)