Try these healthy and easy to prepare finger-food breakfast for kids. This egg muffin is an enriched version of cheese toast that children will definitely enjoy.
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- Egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 English muffin
- Peas (split and lightly toasted)
- Carrot in thin slices
- 1 black olive
- Fresh chives and scallion
Preheat the broiler to make it hot.
Mix the following ingredients in one bowl. Mix well and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Egg yolk
- Worcestershire sauce
Prepare the toasted muffin. Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides. Make sure to spread it to the right edge.
Prepare the cheese-topped muffin in halves. Place them at about 3-5 inches away from the heat source. Be careful not to put them too close to avoid burning of the egg.
Broil the muffin for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Decorate the cooked muffin halves on a plate with the following:
- Peas for eyes
- Carrot strip for the mouth
- Snow peas for ears
- Half an olive for a nose
- Chives for whiskers
- Scallion for teeth
More Fun Ideas and Expansions
Create your own DIY finger-food breakfast using these expanded fun ideas:
- To complete your breakfast set, serve the rabbit on a plate with milk or juice.
- Experiment on different animal designs using toasted muffins. (e.g. chicken, owl, bear)